2019 King of Tampa Bay Sports
Ticket Raffle - Official Rules and Regulations
2019 Tampa Bay Sports Commission “King of Tampa Bay Sports” Raffle
Official Rules and Regulations
1. ELIGIBILITY. The 2019 Tampa Bay Sports Commission “King of Tampa Bay Sports” Raffle (the “Raffle”) is open to all persons who are legal residents of the United States and are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of the Tampa Bay Sports Commission are not eligible to participate or win a prize in this Raffle. Online raffle sales begin at 8:00am on Wednesday, April 18, 2019, and end at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2019 or until the maximum number of donations are reached (200). On Tuesday, April 30, two finalists will be drawn from those that purchase tickets online and will be invited to attend the Tampa Bay Sports Commission's 9th Annual Sneaker Soiree. The two finalists from online purchases will be combined with the entries from those that purchase tickets onsite at the Sneaker Soiree and the winner will be drawn at the event at approximately 9:00pm on May 9, 2019 at TPepin’s Hospitality Centre via announcement on stage during the program. Winner must be present at the drawing to win. Proof of eligibility may be required. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Eligible individuals who contribute a donation amount of ten (10) tickets for $1,500, three (3) tickets for $500 or one (1) ticket for $200, will receive a raffle ticket(s) online at www.kingoftampabaysports.com and are eligible to win.
3. ODDS/PRIZES. The odds of winning this raffle prize will depend on the number of raffle tickets distributed to participants. There will be a maximum of 200 tickets distributed.
There will be one Grand Prize Winner in this raffle. This winner will receive two (2) tickets to each of the following sporting events:
The Tampa Bay Sports Commission is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged tickets. Lost, stolen or damaged tickets will not be replaced. No reproduction, transfer, assignment, auctioning, bartering or selling of tickets is permitted. Failure to comply with these official rules will result in forfeiture of any tickets and prize(s) which may otherwise have been awarded as part of this Raffle. Unclaimed tickets will also be forfeited. Please note: Tampa Bay Rays season tickets will be distributed in the form of 2 non-transferable “Season Passes” for best available Lower Reserved equivalent seat given to the winner designated.
The Tampa Bay Sports Commission will pay for the withholding tax to the IRS in the amount of 33% of the fair market value of the sum of the tickets. However, the Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any additional federal, state and/or local taxes and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize(s) they receive. The stated ARV of the prize is based on available information provided to the Tampa Bay Sports Commission and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide the Tampa Bay Sports Commission with a valid social security number before their prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of the winner for the actual value of the prizes received.
4. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY. By entering or attempting to enter this Raffle, potential entrants, entrants and the Grand Prize Winner agree at all times to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Tampa Bay Sports Commission, TBSC Board of Directors, TBSC Executive Committee and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively “the Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, expenses, damages or losses to persons arising out of participating in the Raffle, or which may be sustained in connection with receipt, possession, ownership use or misuse of the prizes, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity. The Released Parties expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery bound by all the Official Rules of this Raffle. If, in the Tampa Bay Sports Commission’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Raffle, or corruption that would affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Raffle, the Released Parties reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process; to modify or suspend the Raffle or to terminate the Raffle. Any person attempting to defraud the Tampa Bay Sports Commission or in any way tamper with, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle will be disqualified and may be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for any additional expenses, omissions, delays or re-routing resulting from any acts of any government or authority. Also, the Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant, if his or her contact information does not work or if it is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to the Tampa Bay Sports Commission. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or to the winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released parties sole control.
5. CONSTRUCTION/GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and the Tampa Bay Sports Commission, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida. The parties to any such dispute hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the city of Tampa Bay, Florida in any action to enforce these Official Rules or relating to this Raffle. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their teams as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Tampa Bay Sports Commission’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules.
6. OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS. For a copy of these Official Rules prior to the Raffle drawing, send a stamped self-addressed envelope with your request to: Tampa Bay Sports Commission, c/o King of Tampa Bay Sports, 201 North Franklin St. Suite 2900 Tampa, FL, 33602.
**This Raffle is being conducted under Florida Statute 849.0935 (Charitable, nonprofit organizations; drawings by chance; required disclosures; unlawful acts and practices; penalties). No contribution or purchase is necessary to participate.